06 January 2012

dumpling, come home

rad. it's real rad, babe.
life's a beach, timing's a bitch and you should still wear flowers in your hear. and eyelashes.

of course, not every year starts with hearing "you're hired". but this is a lucky one, so I have decided. and if it turns out to be any less than that, it's not the year's fault, anyway. let's call this one "balance and thriving" as, for getting anywhere near balance, it requires a good portion of thriving, indeed. and if a year goes as it's been starting, that portion better be big.

also, not every year starts with chanting anti-regime slogans throughout entire songs as an integral part of the New Year's party, but there's also no doubt that the Bashar-one deserves this notoriety. to be frank, I would have expected a lot more of adaptation from my part to fit with the activist people I get to deal with here, yet I'm now daring to hope that the new job title and content will do some work in this regard. being a "global development coordinator" one could think I'm really out (t)here saving the world, huh.
like a lil' micro-hero dumpling.

really, it's good news. having a 9 to 5 full time job, doesn't that almost make me a grown-up again? and even Arabic classes recommence in a few days to help me in all regards. keeping me busy and pushing things forward. probably, it's even highly possible to satisfy the sudden urge I just got to go get and crack a fortune cookie. for random guidance or at least a grin. and to find a new and nice place to relocate to. in Beirut.

there's this one thing missing, though. (and I am aware that I was just boasting about how always missing something is quite alright.) it's community. some three years ago I was presenting an action idea to a crowd of Latvian 'young intelligentsia forum' people that later got the working title *community. I was, indeed, passionate about it and about the concept of micro-activities creating macro-changes, eventually. small actions amounting to meaningful change. well, I still am passionate about it. but I am also slightly stranded. afloat, and lacking reference points. lacking that inter-personal kind of change-making.

self-insertion is what I've been and keep being terrible at. no matter how welcoming the crowd.

so it's time for action. (it mostly is.)
I'll go try connect and re-connect to people.
and you go fight something you despise in yourself.
deal?

No comments: